TIMOR THE EXOTIC ISLAND
Timor island where Kupang as the capital of Nusa Tenggara Timur province stands is and island with distinctive charms of nature, culture, fauna, flora and rituals. There are Kupang, South Central Timor,North Central Timor and Belu and one municipality that is Kupang, the capital of East Nusa Tenggara province.
Kupang city has function as government’s district, capital of municipality and the capital of NTT province. This city own its attractiveness and chams since it is inhabited by various kinds of tribes not only within NTT but also those who come from another region outside NTT. This makes Kupang become Indonesia Miniature. Remarkable view stretching along Kupang Bay unique tradition and culture, historical sites can be witnessed by tourists during their vacation in Kupang. LASIANA BEACH is a white sandy beach 12 km from Kupang city with palm trees surrount it. There is a process of sungar from palm trees that can be witnessed in this place.
If you like swimming in cool water as well as trekking into natural cave and resevved forest, you will choose to visit BAUMATA, situated 16 km from Kupang. There are several attraction in Kupang that are able to satisfy your longing to relax :
- Ketapang Beach at Tode Kisar.
- Kelapa Lima Bech
- Park of Monkey’s Cave nearby Sasando Hotel
- King Tainoof’s Grave at Manutapen
- Museum of National education Office at Oebufu.
- Ikat Weaving Industry at Osmo.
- Centre of Ikat Weavings Handicraft, Loka Binkra at Oesapa
- Canons belong to world War II at Nunbaun Delha and Kelapa Lima